CALL FOR PAPERS
2011 International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI2011)
November 14-18, 2011 Alicante, Spain
The International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces (ICMI) and the Workshop on Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction (MLMI) are combined for form the new ICMI, which continues to be the premium international forum where multimodal signal processing and multimedia human-computer interaction are presented and discussed. The conference will focus on theoretical and empirical foundations, varied component technologies, and combined multimodal processing techniques that define the field of multimodal interaction analysis, interface design, and system development. ICMI 2011 will feature a single-track main conference which includes:
* keynote speakers
* technical full and short papers (including oral and poster presentations)
* special sessions
* exhibits and doctoral spotlight papers The main conference will be held November 14-16, 2011 and followed by a 2-day workshop.
TOPICS OF INTEREST include but are not limited to:
* Multimodal and multimedia interactive processing: multimodal fusion, multimodal output generation, multimodal interactive discourse and dialogue modeling, machine learning methods for multimodal interaction.
* Multimodal input and output interfaces: gaze and vision-based interfaces, speech and conversational interfaces, pen-based and haptic interfaces, virtual/augmented reality interfaces, biometric interfaces, adaptive multimodal interfaces, natural user interfaces, authoring techniques, architectures.
* Multimodal and interactive applications: Mobile and ubiquitous interfaces, meeting analysis and meeting spaces, interfaces to media content and entertainment, human-robot interfaces and interaction, audio/speech and vision interfaces for gaming, multimodal interaction issues in telepresence, vehicular applications and navigational aids, interfaces for intelligent environments, universal access and assistive computing, multimodal indexing, structuring and summarization.
* Human interaction analysis and modeling: modeling and analysis of multimodal human-human communication, audio-visual perception of human interaction, analysis and modeling of verbal and nonverbal interaction, cognitive modeling.
* Multimodal and interactive data, evaluation, and standards:
evaluation techniques and methodologies, annotation and browsing of multimodal and interactive data, standards for multimodal interactive interfaces.
* Core enabling technologies: pattern recognition, machine learning, computer vision, speech recognition, gesture recognition.
* Workshops proposal: March 1, 2011
* Paper and demo submission: May 13, 2011
* Author notification: August 5, 2011
* Camera ready deadline: September 02, 2011
* Conference: November 14-16, 2011
* Workshops: November 17-18, 2011
PDF file of the Call-for-Papers can be found at http://www.acm.org/icmi/2011/data/ICMI-2011.pdf.
For up-to-date information on the technical and social program for practical arrangements, please visit the conference website at http://www.acm.org/icmi/2011.
We hope to welcome you in Alicante in November 2011!
Herve Bourlard (Idiap Research Institute)
Thomas S. Huang (University of Illinois)
Enrique Vidal (Technical University of Valencia)
Daniel Gatica-Perez (Idiap Research Institute)
L.P. Morency (University of Southern California)
Nicu Sebe (University of Trento)
Kazuhiro Otsuka (NTT Communication Science Labs)
Jordi Vitria (UB/CVC, Barcelona)
Alejandro Jaimes (Yahoo! Research, Barcelona)
Fernando de la Torre (Carnegie Mellon University)
Jose Oncina (University of Alicante)
Student & Spot. Chair:
Li Deng (Microsoft Research and University of Washington)
Nuria Oliver (Telefonica I+D)
Helen Mei-Ling Meng (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Local Org. Chair:
Luisa Mico (University of Alicante)
Jorge Calera (University of Alicante)
Xavier Anguera (Telefonica I+D)
Antonio J. Gallego (University of Alicante)
Ida Hui (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Jose Manuel Inesta (University of Alicante)
Alejandro H. Toselli (Technical University of Valencia)