IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2012
Lisbon, Portugal, 21- 23 July 2012
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information
Systems (MCCSIS 2012)
Lisbon, Portugal, 17 – 23 July 2012
CONFERENCE BACKGROUND AND GOALS
The IADIS Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2012 conference
aims to address the main issues of concern within Interface Culture and
Design with a particular emphasis on the affective aspects of design,
development and implementation of interfaces and the generational
implications for design of human and technology interaction. This
conference aims to explore and discuss innovative studies of technology
and its application in interfaces and welcomes research in progress, case
studies, practical demonstrations and workshops in addition to the
traditional submission categories.
FORMAT OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book
and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital
Library (accessible on-line).
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexing to INSPEC, EI
Compendex, Thomson ISI, ISTP and other indexing services.
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended
versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International
Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems – ISSN: 1646-3692)
including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations,
Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
Topics related to Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction are of
interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
– Affective User-centred analysis, design and evaluation
– The value of Affective Interfaces/ Systems/Application/ Interaction
– Generational differences and technology design
– Measurement of success of emotional technology/interfaces
– Supporting user populations from difference generations
– Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
– Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
– Creativity Support Systems
– Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for novel interfaces
including tangible, mobile and ubiquitous computing, mixed reality
interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
– User studies and fieldwork
– Methodological implications of emotional user studies.
– Participatory design and cooperative design techniques
– Ethical issues in emotional design
– HCI education and design education
– Eliciting User Requirements
– Submission Deadline: 23 January 2012
– Notification to Authors: 24 February 2012
– Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration: Until 26 March 2012
– Late Registration: After 26 March 2012
– Conference: Lisbon, Portugal, 21 – 23 July 2012
The conference will be held in Lisbon, Portugal.
IADIS Secretariat – IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN
COMPUTER INTERACTION 2012
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.ihci-conf.org/
Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2012 Conference Program Chair
Katherine Blashki, University of Sydney, Australia
MCCSIS 2012 General Conference Co-Chairs
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
For committee list please refer to http://www.ihci-conf.org/committees.asp
Registered participants in the Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
conference may attend the other conferences part of MCCSIS 2012 free of