CfP MQoE’12 @ BCS HCI 2012 Workshop on Quality of Experience in Mobility Contexts September 2012, Birmingham, UK
Submission deadline: 15th June
* Call for Papers
The goal of this workshop is to discuss the impact of modern mobile devices on Quality of Experience in contexts of mobility. The proliferation of increasingly powerful devices, provided with computing and networking capabilities, has largely contributed for smart environments. In such environments new opportunities for interaction between users, devices and cloud-based services arise. While the potential in this context is significant and with a wide range of applications, there are several challenges to be overcome.
The workshop on Quality of Experience in Mobility Contexts aims at stimulating a discussion between researchers and practitioners on the different approaches, challenges and benefits for measuring, adapting and influencing User eXperience in mobility, while building a community of interest around this topic.
We invite submissions of original and unpublished work on the following topics of interest:
– User-centric service design and delivery;
– Novel mobile interfaces and interaction techniques;
– Mobile sensing;
– Context-aware systems;
– Personal service contextualisation;
– Adaptive systems;
– Affective Interaction;
– Mobile Cloud Computing;
– Mobile Service Design: Models, Patterns and Recommendations;
– Wearable computing, smart clothes, and sensors;
– Trust, privacy, content protection, legal aspects & issues in mobile applications & services.
* Submissions To participate please submit a 2 to 4 page paper using the BCS’s template by 15th June on http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mqoe2012. The submission of early-stage and on-going research is encouraged. Accepted papers will be published at the BCS eWiC repository.
* Organisers Pedro Mauricio Costa, Imperial College London, UK Marta Campos Ferreira, University of Porto, Portugal Marco de Sa, Yahoo! Research, USA
For further details and contact information, please visit the workshop website http://www.mqoe.org