The 6th Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Competition – NUMA2012 EXTENDED DEADLINE 6th AUGUST on: http://www.numa.fi Call for the best UBIMEDIA, PERVASIVE, AMBIENT MEDIA … products, services, applications, concepts…
Check out previous years’ entries on: http://www.ambientmediaassociation.org
The total AWARD SUM: 6.000?
NUMA2012 seeks for novel ways to combine ubiquitous computing to media. We are looking for disruptive artistic visions as well as clever near-to-market solutions off the beaten tracks! This includes any range of innovative ubimedia, pervasive, or ambient products and services. The Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards is a highly interdisciplinary competition and we invite Designers, Computer Scientists, Artists, Economists and Engineers to take a stand on one of the following questions with their entries:
– What is the aesthetic experience opened up by the rise of ubiquitous and ambient media?
– What constitutes the specific intelligence that drives future media environments?
– How will location- and context-aware media services change our social life?
– How will our future lives look like in the era of ubiquitous computation?
– How can society as a whole benefit from these advanced technologies?
Valid competition entries include:
– Pervasive and ubiquitous games
– Ambient installations
– Artistic works related to ubiquitous media and computation
– Business models and management strategies
– Ambient and ubiquitous media technology
– Ubiquitous and ambient media services, devices, and environments
– Context aware, sensing, and interfaces for ubiquitous computation
– Ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and product prototypes
– Software, hardware and middleware framework demonstrations
– Ambient television
– Any other inspiring work in the broad context of ubiquitous media
All ubiquitous, pervasive, or ambient media products, services or prototypes which have been finalized during the previous year after 1st January 2011 are eligible to take part. More information on:
– Artur LUGMAYR, EMMi Lab, Tampere Univ. of Technology, FINLAND – Cai MELAKOSKI, Degree Programme in Media, Tampere Univ. of Applied Sciences, FINLAND
– Ville LUOTONEN, Ubiquitous Computing Tampere Center of Expertise, Hermia Ltd., FINLAND Honorary Chair
– Timothy MERRITT, Aarhus School of Architecture, DENMARK Head of Jury
– Bjorn STOCKLEBEN, Project “Cross Media”, University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal, GERMANY
— The Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards 2012 (NUMA2012) is a competition category of the MindTrek Conference 2012. The category is organized collaboratively by MindTrek, Tampere Region Centre of Expertise in Ubiquitous Computing, Entertainment & Media Management Lab. (EMMi Lab.)/Tampere University of Technology, the Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Nokia Oyj and the Ambient Media Association (AMEA). NUMA2012 is funded by Nokia Oyj and the Tampere Region Centre of Expertise in Ubiquitous Computing.