CHI 2013 Workshop on Grand Challenges in Text Entry
Paris – April 2013
We invite position papers for the CHI 2013 Workshop on Grand Challenges
Text Entry. This one-day workshop will offer an interdisciplinary forum
discussion for both practitioners and academics interested in text
its many forms and varieties.
This workshop focuses on three grand challenges in text entry research:
– Removing the performance bottle-neck in text entry
– Designing efficient localized text entry methods
– Bridging the communication gap between users with disabilities and
society at large
Researchers from both industry and academia with an interest in text
are invited to submit a position paper. The paper should be at most
pages in the CHI Extended Abstracts format. This position paper should
including a brief biography and should address one of the workshop’s
Participants will be selected on the basis of the quality of their
paper. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the
workshop and for (at least) one day of the CHI conference itself.
Participants will be invited to present a position statement on at
one panel and will also present a poster on their current text entry
More background information and details on how to submit are available
– Submission deadline: January 18, 2013.
– Notification of acceptance: February 8, 2013.
– Workshop: April 27 or 28, 2013 (to be confirmed by CHI).
– Location: workshop within CHI 2013, Paris, France