CALL FOR PAPERS
– Deadline for submissions (2nd call): 1 May 2013
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER
Prague, Czech Republic, 22- 24 July 2013
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information
Systems (MCCSIS 2013)
Prague, Czech Republic, 22 – 26 July 2013
KEYNOTE SPEAKER (CONFIRMED):
Professor Helwig Hauser, University of Bergen, Norway
Conference background and goals
The IADIS Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2013
conference aims to address the main issues of concern within Interface
Culture and Design with a particular emphasis on the affective aspects
of design, development and implementation of interfaces and the
generational implications for design of human and technology
interaction. This conference aims to explore and discuss innovative
studies of technology and its application in interfaces and welcomes
research in progress, case studies, practical demonstrations and
workshops in addition to the traditional submission categories.
FORMAT OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a
book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS
Digital Library (accessible on-line).
The conference proceedings will be submitted for indexing to INSPEC, EI
Compendex, Thomson ISI, ISTP and other indexing services.
Some of the best papers will be eligible to be extended and enhanced as
book chapters for inclusion in a book to be published by IGI Global.
The best papers will be selected for publishing as extended versions in
the IADIS International Journal on WWW/Internet (ISSN: 1645-7641) and in
the IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information
Systems (ISSN: 1646-3692), and also in journals from INDERSCIENCE
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
Full papers, Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations,
Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
TOPICS RELATED TO INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION ARE OF
INTEREST. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
– Affective User-centred analysis, design and evaluation
– The value of Affective Interfaces/ Systems/Application/ Interaction
– Generational differences and technology design
– Measurement of success of emotional technology/interfaces
– Supporting user populations from difference generations
– Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
– Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
– Creativity Support Systems
– Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for novel interfaces
including tangible, mobile and ubiquitous computing, mixed reality
interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
– User studies and fieldwork
– Methodological implications of emotional user studies.
– Participatory design and cooperative design techniques
– Ethical issues in emotional design
– HCI education and design education
– Eliciting User Requirements
– Submission Deadline (2nd call): 1 May 2013
– Notification to Authors (2nd call): 29 May 2013
– Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (2nd call):
until 17 June 2013
– Late Registration (2nd call): after 17 June 2013
– Conference: Prague, Czech Republic, 22 – 24 July 2013
The conference will be held in Prague, Czech Republic.
IADIS Secretariat – IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN
COMPUTER INTERACTION 2013
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.ihci-conf.org/